Friday, October 28, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday 10/28/11

Flash Fiction Friday. What can you do with only 100 words?

 
The hairs on the back of her neck bristle. Looking up, her gaze fell on a man and his cat. His eyes were black, as black as the cat he held.

A shiver ran through her as he continued to stare at her. For some reason she was frozen in place.

Then, he was moving. Slowly, he walked toward her.

Her heart quickened. He was close now, only a few feet away. His eyes never left hers.

Suddenly, he stopped. Knelt down, and placed a single rose on the grave next to where she stood before turning and walking away. 

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh - very intriguing - totally loved it - but now there are all sorts of questions rattling around my head and you know there's not much room in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wasn't expected this end!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ending Sherri. Now I wanna know what happened later

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too! Who was he? Whose grave is that? you have to tell more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. Thank you. That is one of the downsides to 100 words. You get a great set up and then it leaves you hanging. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, now I wonder if you might continue this later? ;) Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the rest of the story. What happened next? Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. That's how it works. We only get 100 words. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ms. Sherri, that was one very intriguing FFF post - it left me with all kinds of questions in my mind and it's a beautiful set-up for a sequel FFF post. Are you up to the challenge?

    By the way, I am delighted that I twisted your arm and dragged you kicking and screaming to join our FFF troop. Well done again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw. Thank you, Benjamin. I'm having a blast so far. As for continuing it... I guess we'll see where inspiration leads me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so mysterious, makes me wonder if he was an ancient love of the deceased. Nice FFF! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You knocked my breath away! I want to give him a big hug.

    GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete