Friday, December 30, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - 12-30-11

Flash Fiction Friday. What can you do with only 100 words?
I stood and watched as the banter continued. They’d been flirting all day, and now they’d agreed to an arm wrestling match.
Each took a position on one side of the picnic table, readying themselves for the impromptu duel. It was completely silly, and over a disagreement on whether or not there should be marshmallows in hot chocolate.
Never in a million years would I have expected this to happen the first time my two best friends met. They were completely opposite, but you’d have to be a fool not to feel the sexual tension coming off those two today.

19 comments:

  1. I'd have fought over hot chocolate too. *hehe* Oh this will be fun to watch, Sherri! Two best friends making a connection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the "hot" chocolate, but I can think of plenty of creative uses for those marshmallows. I wonder what kind of side bet did they make? Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can guess that this is gonna end with lots of chocolate and not necessarily on the marshmallows!
    great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - great post! Marshmallows are important...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love at first sight, Love this FFF. Sounds just like something I would do back in Oklahoma. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm hot chocolate <3 Nice post Sherri, loved the friends to lovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love this one. They're first time meeting and the fireworks are popping off. He should be happy they like each other. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one and yes, marshmallows are very important in hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, they need to get together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Marshmallows are serious shit!! Don't we all dread introducing two totally opposite friends. They either want to screw each other or screw each other over.

    FANTASTIC POST!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flash Fiction Foreplay! (chuckle) I want more! *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you took this approach to the prompt. Great point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now see I like this one! Best friends 1st meet and whoaaaa!

    ReplyDelete