Friday, March 29, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - March 29, 2013

This weeks picture is from freedigitalpictures.net.


The sound of water filtered through the trees. We thought we’d be able to see the waterfall by now, but the forest was too dense. The path the map laid out had us weaving around rocks that jutted out in every direction, and trees as big around as a small vehicle. Neither of us had ever seen anything like it.

When we finally approached the final ridge, we stopped to take in the sight before us. White water surged through the rocks, down to the waiting river below, and there, off to the left was what we’d been searching for.

To check out what other writers did with the same picture prompt, click on their links below.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent flasher. I could almost hear the water. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me intrigued. What were they looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds marvelous. I can picture myself with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh wow!! I want to know what they found? I want to know more of their map searching adventure. Sounds like it is exciting. Any hints as to what it is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the build to get to the falls. Your descriptions put me right there. The cliffhanger is so much fun. What could it be? I'm going to be thinking about this all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written but what were they looking for? You captured the scene in the photo with great detail.

    ReplyDelete