Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekly Update - Sherri Hayes

Hello everyone. It feels like it's been forever since I've posted an update here even though its only been two weeks. So much is going on right now, and I've barely been keeping my head above water. Let's get to some things you may actually want to know about though. ;)


Readers and Ritas

Last weekend I was in Allen Texas for Readers and Ritas hosted by Fresh Fiction. It's one of the smaller conferences I've attended, but that's not a bad thing. Smaller conferences allow more author and reader contact.

My favorite part of the weekend was the Sunday morning brunch that was hosted by my publisher, TWCS. Michael Schneider, Lorenz Font, Alexandra Allred, and I were on a panel talking about our writing and books. We also each had tables for the brunch where select readers who'd requested seats at our table got to eat and talk with us.


It’s Coming…

What's coming? My manuscript deadline for the third book in my Daniels Brothers Series.

I've been writing like a madwoman ever since I returned from Texas. Things are moving along, but it's going to be close. I've got about 30K more to write, I think. Of course that all depends on whether or not Megan and Paul are ready for their story to end around 80,000 words. Gage and Rebecca didn't cooperate, so I'm not holding my breath. Megan is a feisty one. I told my beta once that she reminds me of a female version of Gage. She embraces her sexuality, and goes after what she wants...which in this case is Paul. :)


I’m Home.

Yep, I'm home for the rest of the year. While I enjoy traveling and meeting readers, I have to say that it feels good not to have anything scheduled for the rest of the year.

That being said, I'm already looking at events for next year, and I'm looking for feedback. Have you been to an amazing author and reader event recently that you'd like to see me attend? Tell me about it in the comments and link me to the event site. Who knows, it may make it on my list for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment