Friday, March 7, 2014

Author Blog Hop ~ My Writing Process

Thank you to Jennifer Garcia for inviting me to participate in this hop. To check out her post visit her blog at http://jenniferfgarcia.com/.



1) What am I working on right now?

I always tend to have my hand in several fires at once. At the moment I am preparing for the release of my seventh novel, Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4) on March 20th. I'm also in the process of editing the third book in my Daniels Brothers Series, Crossing The Line, which is due to be released Fall 2014. Last, but not least, I've also started writing the first book in a new BDSM erotic romance series. I'm hoping to have that one out to readers the first part of 2015.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?


Over the years I've read a lot of romance novels. There are things I've read I've loved, and others that have made me roll my eyes or want to bang my  head against a wall in frustration. I try to make the relationships I'm writing as realistic as possible. This means I don't usually have my H and h falling into bed with each other right off the bat. I'm writing a love story,  not a sex story. Although there's sex in my books...and sometimes detailed sex at that...sex isn't the focus. I want my readers to be right there in the moment with my characters as they expresses their feelings for each other physically. 


3) Why do I write what I do? 



I write what I like to read. Luckily, there are plenty of readers out there who also enjoy the kinds of stories I do. 

4) How does my writing process work?


My writing process is pretty simple. It's me sitting in front of my computer and typing whatever comes to my mind. When I sit down to write I usually have a vague image of the characters and a scene. That's about it. Everything else unfolds as I type it into the computer. Even if I think I know how a scene is going to play out before I begin typing, it rarely ever turns out the way I thought it would. All too often one of the characters throws a wrench in the works and the scene ends up taking a turn I didn't see coming. I've learned to go with the flow and let the characters lead the way. They've never steered me wrong yet. 

To find out more about my books, check out my website.




Next Friday check out these authors as they share with us about their writing process. 



Elise met the love of her life when she was only sixteen, married him three years later, and recently celebrated her thirtieth wedding anniversary. Needless to say, she is a big believer in living Happily Ever After. With a lifetime's worth of experience behind her, Elise also believes great relationships don't just happen, they take work . . . which doesn’t mean writing about them can’t be a whole lot of fun.
After surviving all manner of health obstacles while raising a family and nursing her elderly grandmother—her writing namesake, though she’d have been shocked by her granddaughter’s steamy love scenes—Elise established a career as a counselor and family therapist. Seeking an escape from the stresses of her work, she discovered the world of fan fiction, and her timid writer’s muse began to make its voice heard. Two point three million hits, twelve and a half thousand reviews, and an email from an acquisitions editor at The Writer's Coffee Shop later, and Elise's life found a new and fascinating direction.

A romantic fiction addict from way back, writing her own historical and paranormal romances—and having others read and fall in love with her characters and the worlds she creates—is a dream come true. Elise likes to see her characters grow, experience passion and adventure, tackle some difficult issues, and find lasting love . . . eventually.

To check out her blog, click here


Born and bred on  western stories by Zane Grey, I grew up in the middle of nowhere Saskatchewan.  Although modern life intervened, I soon realized the similarities between my life and North American western past. From riding horses, playing cowboys and Indians with real Indians combined with the scenery of vast, open prairies and endless horizons I was living my dream.
I belong to the Romance Writers of America and Alberta Romance Writer’s Association and have attended many conventions.  I have published – ”Hawk’s Gift“, ”Alberta Wild Rose“ - historical romance and  - “One Dance with a Stranger” - contemporary romance.  I am an avid reader of all genres. I enjoy the outdoors, history and travelling. My true passions are writing, exploring both in western USA and Canada. I am presently working on two stories –  ”Never Pick a Pretty Woman” – a contemporary romance about the hardships someone might face being too pretty and an inspirational romance -“Seraphim” - a story of abuse, losing faith and circumstances that bring my heroine Delaney back to both her religion and her faith in men. 


To check out her blog, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment