Sunday, November 6, 2016

November Goals #Writing #Publishing

It's a beautiful fall Sunday here in Ohio and I find myself sitting here at my desk somewhat lost. Not because I have nothing to do, no, on the contrary. I have too much to do and no idea where to start. 

Because of this overwhelming amount of work on my 'to-do' list, I decided it would be best to set out some goals for the month to help me focus my energy. 

I know it's November, which means a lot of writers are participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). As much as I know many authors love this annual event, it's never been for me. My brain isn't wired to just write as many words as possible over the course of a month, and then spend the next month or two cleaning all those words up and making them into a sell-able manuscript. This works for some writers, but not me. 

So with that in mind, I decided to come up with some goals for myself this month and I thought I'd share them with you here on my blog. 


1) Write 20K in Alexander and Grace's story.

2) Stay current on my newsletter (If you're not already subscribed, click here.)

3) Begin selling print copies of What Might Have Been.

4) Submit my application to the Ohioana Book Festival 2017.

5) Read 4 books and write reviews. 


While I could easily come up with more than this, I think these 5 will be a good start. If I manage to accomplish all of these, I will be extremely happy.

What are some of your November goals? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment