Friday, January 6, 2017

To a Busy...and Productive 2017

Are you still trying to come to terms that 2016 is over and we're now into 2017? I know I am. It seems as if 2016 was barely a blip on the map and it's gone.


So now what? Every new year people make resolutions and most fail miserably. Depressing, huh? I know in the past I've made a lot of New Year's Resolutions and I don't think I stuck by a one of them.

This year I'm doing something a little different. My one and only goal is to be more organized. I bought a planner and some Post-it notes and so far it's going well. I've been more productive in this first week of 2017 than I was all last month. It feels good.

There is so much I want to accomplish this year and in order to do that, I need to focus on each step in the process and not jump ahead or make a big long term goal that's too far away. This is why I've decided to take one week. For me, this seems to work best. There are too many things in my life that can throw curve balls at me when I try to plan too far ahead. Taking one week at a time makes more sense for me.

What about you? Have you made any resolutions for the new year? How's it going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment